Reviewed by per.schulte (Currently owns)
The iPhone 4s replaced my old iPhone 3G. I really needed that upgrade.
This is why I love my new iPhone:
- The new camera is a blast
- Great display
- Very solid performance, no false promises
- The reception is better than before. I can even get a working internet connection from within a fast moving train (250km/h)
- Apple is still the only manufacturer which uses decent materials for their products. The haptic performance is the best in the industry for almost all of apple's products in my opinion.
This is why I sometimes wish for a different phone:
- The current iPhone design feels a bit smaller than all the other iPhones before. This might be a good thing for some people but for me with relatively big hands its kind of annoying. I think if the phone's dimensions would be a little bit bigger, it would just fit perfectly in my hands. And the "edgy" industrial design isn't helping here at all.
- Battery life is a problem and I really hope this gets solved soon.
- Google product integration could be better. (i.e. gmail)
- Siri, for me, is a disappointment. I live in Germany and most features that seem to be useful are currently disabled over here (Wolfram alpha and location based information) The only time I find it useful is when I have to set a timer or the alarm. But I am looking forward how Siri develops over time.
- I do understand why Apple isn't changing its UI design for the most parts... but the UI slowly feels really old and I would love to see some changes from somebody as gifted as Matias Duarte.
- Design 8
- Display 9
- Camera(s) 9
- Reception / call quality 8
- Performance 10
- Software 9
- Battery life 6
- Ecosystem 9