Google is feting the download of its 10 billionth app from the Android Market with a series of 10-cent sales for the next several days. That's not all it's doing, though — the company has just released an infographic with a bunch of offbeat statistics about the Market and it's users. Some of the highlights:
- Sunday at 9PM is the most download-friendly time of the week; Monday at 4AM is the least.
- South Korean residents download the most apps per capita, followed by Hong Kong and Taiwan. The US comes in fourth place.
- Games are by far the most popular app category, representing some 25.6 percent of downloads overall.
- 12 billion miles are navigated in Google Maps each year (and presumably, that number grows significantly with each passing year).
- Adele has been identified using Shazam 1,789,955 times. And counting.
And it turns out that the 10 billionth app downloaded was — drum roll, please — Photobucket Mobile. Any guesses how long it takes to get to 20 billion?