Nilay is right -- "the TV remote is broken"
Nilay is right — “The new TV needs a new interface” . The old remote is broken. AppleTV is one of the worst examples of a TV remote (my words, not his)
Hey guys. good work.
JT, get some sleep.
Some additional thoughts...
The “framework” that Josh talks about could be similar to RSS feeds for video. I like my Google Reader interface:
- It has a mechanism for publishing content by the producers of the content.
- It has search.
- It has a recommendation engine.
- It has customization navigation.
- It keeps track of what I have grokked.
- It’s is easily navigable.
... maybe GoogleTV already has this feature. I own an AppleTV, the remote/navigation for it sucks!