Top 7 WoW Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
Blizzard sure loves easter eggs! Players of World of Warcraft have found a bevy of hilarious in-jokes and pop culture references hidden across Azeroth! Here are the top 7!
- In the quest "Breaking Bard," a bald, bespectacled, goateed crystal vendor named Waltham the White acts as the questgiver.
- In the quest "Running Wild," the player is tasked with retrieving 5 "racy woodcuts" of NPC Hurk Grogan and his mistress. They were carved without his knowing and he'd hate for them to go "viral"!
- In a clever reference to HBO's cult hit, Game of Thrones, certain NPCs can be heard saying "winter is coming" and "Peter Dinklage."
- In a shipwreck north of Booty Bay, player have spotted a lone polar bear. This is a fucking reference to LOST or some dumb bullshit.
- In Orgrimmar a robed and bearded NPC can be heard telling a guard "These are not the Droids you're looking for" and he refers to the city as a "hive of scum and villainy." These are both quotes from Lord of The Rings.
- The player can use a large sword, an homage to Final Fantasy 7--the only other game in history to feature large swords.
- In the quest "Kingdom of Mushrooms" two mustached carpenters called "The Uber Gario Cousins" ask the player to save Dutchess Peach. She is in a castle guarded by Turtle monsters and a dragon. The player beats the dragon by knocking him into a pit of lava. Instead of finding the princess, you find a sentient mushroom who says "princess is not in this castle." We actually have no idea what this is a reference to. If you have any tips, let us know in the comment section!