Advice on a MBP?
I will receive a MBP for Christmas this year before I start Year 12 in Australia next year. (Same as Yr 12 in the US). My folks want to know what computer is the best one to get.
I'll dot point my uses
* Graphics (using PhotoShop to edit and iPhoto to store)
* Web Developing (using both online CMS software and Dreamweaver)
* Video (editing - iMovie)
* Music (basic editing in Audacity and storing ~20GB in iTunes)
* Windows - my school uses Windows and I need to use some Windows Specific Programs like Visual Basic and MS Access. I plan to use Parallels 8 and Windows 7 as a virtual machine
* Storing Lots of written projects (done in MS Word).
* Music Composition - Sibelius 7 to notate and write music scores and exporting them to MIDI and mp3 files.
I am leaning towards a 15" Retina MBP with the following specs:
2.6 GHz CPU, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD (potentially purchase another one if I need it later).
Budget is not really an issue and I hope the MBP I get will last me 3-4 years through Uni (college).
Do you think the Retina MBP will be better for me in the long term than a normal 15" MBP? Bearing in mind I will be taking it to school most of the time. I think a 15" screen would suit me better than a 13" as well.