The future of Gaming Engines
I was searching through Youtube the other day and I found a video about the future of gaming engines. Engines that we might see in the near future.
Some of the engines we see today that really impressive are:
- CryEngine 3 (used in Crysis 3)
- Frostbite Engine 2 (Battlefield 3)
- Anvil (Assassin's Creed 3)
- RAGE (Grand Theft Auto 4)
- Unreal Engine 3 (for a lot of games)
- Naughty Dog's in house engine (Uncharted series)
But now that people in the industry and rumours are hinting on the next generation of consoles and outflow of newer engines announced I'm curious to see which gaming engines we would see for the next generation. Especially when 4K resolution is just around the corner.