Is the Surface Pro worth my time?
I'm finding myself in a bit of a dilemma currently for I'm not sure of which Surface to get. Now I'm sure we all know the pros and cons for each, but as a high school student, mine may be different than yours and I would like to hear your unbiased opinions on which one I should get.
Pros for RT
- The RT comes with Office which is indeed a big plus for me. I can see myself with a white Touch Cover taking notes in class with ease.
- It is lighter and significantly thinner which will add ease to carrying it around, even if it is just a slight difference.
- The price will remain lower than the Pro and since I do not have a job that gives me massive amounts of income, this is good for me for now.
- I don't have to wait 3 months and I can begin the second quarter of school with an almost perfect tablet.
- The battery life will most likely last longer.
Pros for Pro
- Legacy app support for my video editing applications and games.
- Full 1080p screen for watching Full HD movies in their native resolution.
- Faster processor (not sure if this matters for the apps in the Windows Store should run very smoothly on the Surface RT with its lower clock speed)
- The stylus with PalmBlock is also really cool and could be very useful for taking down handwritten notes.