The Verge player - terrible player, or the worst player ever.
I'm sure I'm not the first to voice my displeasure but it bears repeating - the verge players sucks!
Let me list you some of the issues I have with it.
- It's nigh unusable in Chrome.
- When I switch to "high bandwidth" I never see any change in quality right away (I honestly don't know if that setting actually works).
- Sometimes it "buffers" even if the timeline shows it already pre-buffered some.
- 1 out of 3 times, when I hit play after I paused it, it jumps into a different location in the time, rebuffers and plays from there causing me not only to lose my place but also having to yet again rebuffer content.
- Sometimes it starts playing on its own after I pause it. I would put it on pause, come back few minutes later and it's playing. In fact, it's doing that right now! I put the latest vergecast on pause to type this up and lo and behold, a minute ago I realized it's playing again.
Guys, flash players are not complicated. I know, I've written several. If you can't get your sh** together then at least put it in a youtube player (on the site, so we don't need to go to youtube) until you do.
(I apologize if my tone seems overly aggressive but this has been an issues since the very start, it's getting seriously tired.)