Your Windows 8/RT based tablet Battery Life
So I know not everyone has done this but I wanted to try some things out today when I got my surface. So at 11:30am I ran my surface doing many different things, all at 50% (well accept when I made it bright just to see how bright it gets, which is does, then I put it back to 50). So the videos I made earlier that I posted I believe I already started my countdown. There was a point where I let it "sleep" for about 8 minutes when I went to get my pizza.
Various things I did on the surface:-
Stress Test with performance with 20 apps open
Played some games (right before I did the stress test videos)
- Streamed Xbox Music for a while...even while I was in the shower...I like music in the background so I can dance in the shower. LOL. Judge not.
- Email viewing- Downloaded a number of apps
- Application updates
- Windows Update
- Messaging app usage
- Lync (I did have to work today)
- Connected to my Windows desktop through network to play an .avi file (yes, it plays it natively, not .mkv) for an anime (One Piece!) on my Surface and then Play To Xbox 360 (basically smart glass functionality). Played like 3 or 4 episodes. The Surface did get a little warm doing that for a while and by warm I meant VERY LITTLE warmth, especially compared to the Samsung series slate, jesus that ish got hot.
- Then a lot of various website viewing, not that much flash if any.
So it lasted from 11:30am to exactly 8:05pm, where it literally shut down on me, crazy timing. So that is exactly 8hrs 35min. And that's while doing a lot of stuff. I can see this lasting a long time with average usage.
Anybody that doesn't have a Surface RT (or if you do and did different things and kept track approx.) have any numbers?