replacements for key iOS apps
I'm really hoping to upgrade my iPhone to a WP8 device (assuming I can get an unlocked one here in Canada). I've been analyzing my everyday apps, to figure out if there are WP8 (or WP7 I guess) equivalents. In many cases there are, sometimes direct equivalents (Foursquare, 1Password, Skype, Evernote, Audible, Instagram) or it's integrated (FB messenging), but there are a few where my upgrade is uncertain.
- I know there are news browsing apps, but I've seen no direct comparison to Flipboard. I may have to suck it up. Flipboard just mastered the genre for me.
- I don't think I've seen an official app for mint.com. Out of luck? I'll live, but it's handy.
- I see several Starbucks apps, but I don't think I saw an official one. Not sure about trusting an indie developper with my SB card (what a 1st world problem that sentence represents)
- Podcast listening. This seem to be a few options, I figure some must be as good as Instacast (which I use now). Suggestions?
- Skitch: I don't see one...but Evernote is good about supporting multiple platforms (and I don't actually use it too often on the phone)
- Airvideo: This is a uniquely iOS centered app that I use a LOT, but maybe there is a comparable alternative that can stream video from my Mac, even over the internet?
- Pocket (formerly Read It Later): I don't really see anything for any of these types of services (Readability etc...)
- To Do apps: I know there will be many options...but I also know many will suck. I end up being a bit picky on these. Any real kick ass ones? I use 2Do on my iPhone, and it's excellent (though more beefy than I truly need)