Jelly Bean & Sense 4+ on the One X: HTC finally scores
Just flashed the Jelly Bean Sense 4+ beta on my Tegra 3 One X.
All I can say is...wwwwoooooowwwww.
Let's run down the improvements:
- Ridiculously fast and fluid scrolling, even when loaded up with all the great HTC widgets.
- Excellent new power features and settings, with a power saving mode toggle right in the notifications shade
- USB OTG!!
- Love the Photos/Gallery hub - Local storage/Dropbox/Facebook/Flickr/etc sets all accessible from one screen, plus sorting by event, date, and location (shows geotagged photos in GMaps).
- Antutu and Quadrant benchmarks shot up (Antutu:12860, Quadrant: 6406 on first run)
- Nearly instant camera access from lock with the new sightseeing mode
- Multitasking much improved (although this hadn't bothered me much previously, but it's definitely better)
- Very smooth Google Now integration (just long press the home button and you're in)
- 29FPS recording with the video camera (finally, should have been like this all along)
- Infinite scrolling on homescreens
And lots more! Thanks HTC, and to Football on XDA for cooking up this JB Maximus ROM so quickly!