Hurricane Sandy has come and gone, but people in New York are still dealing with the aftermath. Half of the city is still without power, and many people's homes have have been damaged due to flood or fire. Despite being the first anniversary of The Verge and The Vergecast, we've decided to postpone the celebration until next week. Please make a charitable donation to The American Red Cross in lieu of any birthday presents.
On this week's Vergecast, Josh and Nilay are still stranded in Brooklyn so they join David and Ross via what remains of the internet. The gang share their first-hand accounts of hurricane happenings and review the news of the week.
- 00:04:35 - American Red Cross donations for Hurricane Sandy
- 00:06:30 - Post-hurricane, New York's internet industry runs on diesel
- 00:08:30 - In Hurricane Sandy's path: a glimpse of NYC after the storm
- 00:15:15 - Windows Phone 8 review
- 00:19:50 - HTC Windows Phone 8x VS. Noki Lumia 920
- 00:42:50 - iPad mini review
- 00:54:00 - 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display review
- 01:01:00 - Apple's Scott Forstall's fatal mistake was not signing iOS 6 Maps apology letter: sources
- 01:07:00 - Inside Android's next wave: Building the Nexus 4, Nexus 10, and Android 4.2