For the first time in 10 years, Chris Ziegler is living without a smartphone. On this special Thanksgiving edition of The Verge Mobile Show, Chris tells Dieter and Dan about his less than favorable experiences in the last couple weeks with Nokia's Lumia 920 and LG's Nexus 4, and why he decided to get rid of both of them. Also Dieter shares what he learned from Facebook's Mobile Developer Day and Dan shares his experiences with the Droid DNA and how the poor battery life prevents it from being his next phone.
- 00:01:55 - Chris' recent experiences with the Nokia Lumia 920 and the Nexus 4
- 00:10:50 - Droid DNA review
- 00:17:10 - Ballmer calls Android 'wild' and 'uncontrolled,' susceptible to malware
- 00:19:20 - Google delays some Nexus 4 orders by up to three weeks after 'overwhelming demand'
- 00:24:05 - Nokia Lumia 820 review
- 00:26:05 - T-Mobile says four major US carriers won't last, 'likely' will be reduced to three
- 00:35:10 - Google and Dish Network are in talks to launch a wireless service, says WSJ
- 00:38:40 - How every smartphone could become a Facebook phone
- 00:43:25 - Wireless charging standard Qi fights Google, Starbucks, compatibility hiccups
- 00:44:20 - Microsoft's former Windows Phone chief shifted to head of corporate development and strategy
- 00:52:20- The Legal Round Up:
- Samsung hopes to use Apple and HTC settlement to stop sales ban
- Apple and Samsung allowed to include iPhone 5 and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean in latest legal battle
- HTC CEO happy with Apple patent settlement, calls price estimates 'outrageous'