The Nokia Booklet 3G and hopes for a Nokia Windows 8 Laptop
I discovered a netbook from 2009 that was made by the phone manufacturer, Nokia. The specs are decent for a 3-year-old netbook. I was wondering if the Finnish company would add another laptop running Windows 8 Pro to it's line of Windows PCs. With a polycarbonate unibody design, and a super sensitive touch screen, it would be pretty awesome.
So I was reading an article on Engadget about Nokia's tablet design patents and discovered a Nokia product that I've never heard before (probably because I'm too young) through one of the comments which is the "Nokia Booklet 3G".
The Booklet 3G is a netbook or what Nokia calls it, a "mini-laptop" that has pretty decent specs for a 2009 laptop.
These are the full specs according to Nokia :
- Weight (max) 1250 g
- Dimensions (max) 264 x 185 x 19.9 mm
- F-Secure Internet Security 2010 trial
- CPU and Chipset
- Intel Atom Z530, 1.6 GHz
- Intel Poulsbo US15W, fanless design
- Memory and Storage
- RAM: 1 GB, DDR2, 533 Mhz, soldered down
- HDD: 120 GB, 1.8"/5mmH/SATA, 8 MB cache, 4200 RPM
- 10.1", 1280×720 pixels, glass window
- 16 cell, 56.8 Wh, Li-Ion prismatic, removable design
- 802.11 b/g/n, 2T2R
- BT 2.1 + EDR
- Inbuilt 3G modem (data calls only). Different variants: WCDMA: 850/1900/2100 or WCDMA 900/2100 or no modem.
- All modem variants have GSM and GPRS
- I/O ports
- 1 x HDMI 1.2 out
- 3 x USB 2.0
- 1 x headphone out (OMTP 3.5 mm) – with OMTP headsets also functions as audio in
- 1 x DC-in
- 1 x SD card reader
- 1 x SIM / USIM slot
- Camera and microphone
- 1.3 MP front facing camera with integrated microphone
- Frame keyboard
- 2 physical layouts: US (78 keys, 17 mm pitch, 1.8 mm stroke) and UK (79 keys, 16.7 mm pitch, 1.8 mm stroke)
- Operating System: Windows 7 Starter Edition, Home Premium or Professional
- MS Office Small Business 60 day trial
- MS Internet Explorer 8
- HDD protection utility, Hotkey utility , Knock Control utility, Power Profile Switcher, Battery Life utility
- Nokia Update Manager
- Ovi Suite
- Ovi Maps Gadget
- Social Hub
The specs are really great when compared to other 2009 laptops such as the 2009 Macbook Air which weighs 1.36 kg compared to 1.25 kg. Also from 2011 ,the HP Pavillion DM1 which uses an Intel Celeron and 1200 Mhz CPU compared to Intel Atom Z530 and 1.6 Ghz CPU.
So all this made me wonder, would Nokia make another PC running the latest Windows 8 Pro operating system? It would be pretty awesome if it has a polycarbonate unibody design and the "Pure Features" like a PureView front-facing camera (if possible) and a PureMotion HD+ touch screen.
Let me know what you think below!