This edition of the Vergecast was written in longhand in a spiral-bound notebook, mimeograph'd into our thermostat (with the help of a very expensive proprietary mimeograph -> Nest conversion cable we've developed at PARC in conjunction with Honeywell) and can be yours at the low, low bandwidth of eighty kilobits per second. You're welcome!
- 00:02:05 - iPad 3 launch event coming in first week of March, according to All Things D
- 00:08:00 - New alleged iPad 3 case photos closely mirror iPad 2 design
- 00:16:00 - Alleged iPad 3 casing photo appears, sources say coming soon with improved GPU but no quad-core, thicker profile
- 00:24:20 - Windows 8 ARM edition will include built-in Office apps and access to the traditional desktop mode
- 01:02:12 - Nest responds to Honeywell suit, will 'vigorously defend itself' against 'patent-attack'
- 01:08:50 - Phoning it in: the dirty secret of IP calling, and how it will change the phone industry