The Verge is home to a set of discussion forums and a community whose insight, passion, and knowledge blows us away daily. Check out this small sampling of what's happening right now:
- Look, we've all done it, we've all bought a ridiculous gadget and regretted it later. Thankfully, T1nman has given us all a chance to fess up.
- Aaron Traas explains that "Developers are people" and deserve better tools and, frankly, better treatment.
- Will Windows 8 finally bring us a successful hybrid laptop / tablet? Dazl thinks so, and tells us how it can happen. Hirshologist, on the other hand, thinks that there is an impending Metro backlash in our future.
- Mountain Lion is here and the Apple Core is full of insight and information. PRCand.ME shows why the Chinese social network integration is a bigger deal than you thought. Bzgoldman explains how to plug Facebook Chat into Messages Beta. Also, did you know Messages supports animated GIFs? It totally does.
- If Windows 8 and Mountain Lion don't get you excited, maybe belafleck can convince you to give Ubuntu 11.10 a try.
- By now, the conventional wisdom has (finally?) become that having more megapixels isn't necessarily a good thing. Herr_Synnberg comes to their defense.
- DavenMathies continues his exploration of flash photography. Strawe reports from a Canon event.
- R3V3N4N7 provides a walk through of the Dreamboard theming app for jailbroken iPhones.
- Brian Crecente continues his gaming column in the forums with "Portable gaming is dead, long live Vita gaming."
If you're new to forums, you can check out our Community Guidelines for the rules of the road, then go ahead and jump in. Joining the Verge forums is simple, free, and gets you engaged with a smart set of humans who have already set a high standard for intelligent and fun conversations.