How are the working conditions at The Verge
There has been a lot of talk about the ethical treatment of human beings in Chinese factories. I recently read an article about the working conditions of Americans who work for Amazon in warehouses in America.
It made me think about the working conditions at The Verge, an american word factory. Some consumers prefer to support ethical companies that treat their employees well. It's one of the reasons people buy some things that are Made in America for example. It would really help me inform my decision to read and support The Verge if I knew more about the working conditions at The Verge.
So if isn't too much to ask could you please let us know how The Verge treats their employees.
Please answer these simple questions.
- How many, if any breaks do you get and how long are they?
- Do you get bathroom breaks?
- Do you get lunch breaks?
- Do you get paid for overtime?
- Do you have any quotas?
- Are you unionized?
- Are you allowed to unionize?
- Have you tried to unionize?
- How many vacation days do you get per year?
- What kind of benefits do you get if any?
- How is the pay compared to the rest of the industry and the geographic area where you live?
- If you have any interns do you pay them for the work they perform?
- What is the gender wage gap if any?
- How is the work environment?
- How common is sexism, misogyny, misandry, racism, ableism, ageism or weightism?
- On a scale from 0-10, how hetero-normative is the company culture and/or the work environment?
- In three words or less please describe the management at Vox Media/The Verge.
If you are unable to answer these questions due to the lack of anonymity associated with your current account I would suggest that you use any of the following services to increase your anonymity
If you do not want to leave a message here there is a website called Glass Door that lets you create company reviews.
Sincerely Yours in Christ,