Outside the Reality Distortion Field
OK so I've been reading a few posts, listening to a few keynotes and watching the News media fawn over what is being called the "Post PC era" and the charge is of course being led by Apple. Now don't get me wrong I love the iPad and IOS just as much as the next guy but let's face facts here for a moment;
- Apple has to tote the post PC thing because they lost Horribly in the "PC era"
- IOS doesn't hold a candle to Win8 in terms of functionality and versatility.
- All that being said apple is winning in this "post PC era" which they created. And Microsoft knows it so they were forced to make a bold move (FYI I think they made the right move). It's as though MS saw what apple was hinting at for the next few years (what with their minor iterations) and just went for it now.
- Make no mistake apple is watching MS closing and they know that they may not have had any "Real" competition on the tablet front from android but Win8 is a different beast all together.
- I'd bet a sizable amount of money that over the next few month and year IOS will gain many of the features of Win8 which is fine but I get the feeling those same features coming from Apple will be heralded as revolutionary and ground breaking.