Apple and Microsoft
Apple should buy Microsoft.
That sounds ridiculous on a lot of levels, doesn't it? But I'm not proposing a full-out shutting down of the Windows ecosystem, or the Office ecosystem. What I'm proposing is simply this:
- Apple buys Microsoft, and keeps 90% of MS at arm's length as a subsidiary.
- Windows, Office, etc can continue function almost exactly like they currently do, competing semi-directly with Apple itself. However, Apple gets part of the revenue.
- However, the Windows Phone 7 department is completely dissolved into Apple itself. They get all the patents, designers, and the people who dreamed up the interface. iOS would improve drastically.
- The key here held off for another year or so. Released by the subsidiary as Microsoft Win8 – the Desktop version only, an improved Windows 7. Development can continue along those lines.
- But the Metro part of Windows 8 goes with Apple. Apple can do whatever they want with it, and Microsoft will not be competing at all along the mobile lines.
Thanks for reading.