As pre-millenials, The Vergecasters are ancient enough to remember when an IM was no more ruthless than a little yellow man that said "ding" a lot through a crusty ol' 2400-baud Sportster. Now, all the IM's come through FiOS and look more like D-grade Bollywood stars...or do they? Hear the complex story of the modern Internet Marketer unfold before your ears here, in this, the Thirtieth Vergecast of the twenty-first century. With special guests Danny Sullivan of Search Engine Land and Eric Migicovsky, co-founder of Pebble.
- 00:01:59 - Scamworld: 'Get rich quick' schemes mutate into an online monster
- 00:51:29 - Pebble smartwatch sells out: $10 million raised and over 85,000 sold
- 01:13:03 - HP Envy Sleekbook and Envy Ultrabook stretch definitions with AMD processors, cheaper components
- 01:18:48 - Google raises concerns over browser restrictions in Windows 8
- 01:27:08 - New Bing calls on Facebook and Twitter to beat Google's Search Plus Your World (hands-on)
- 01:32:25 - On The Verge returns Thursday, May 17th with Damon Lindelof, Masi Oka, and more!