What I want to see in a "Smartwatch"
Based on all of the stuff coming out about the Pebble smartwatch, I wanted to just put up a post about how cool a smartwatch could really be, while staying somewhat realistic. The following is a video I stumbled upon with browsing the other day.
It is, after all, supposed to be a SMARTwatch, so when you put that moniker on it you expect it to be a fairly awesome little piece of tech. So what does a watch need for it to truly be a smartwatch.
- A simple add-on device that you can hook up to detect when someone rings your doorbell would be really cool.
- Automatic bluetooth syncing with your home phone and cell phone to show you when you have incoming calls and route all of them to a bluetooth headset for simplicity.
- A simple integrated to-do list monitor (how sick would that be a to-do list that you could cross out right on your wrist)
- The ability to last at least a day or two no matter how much usage its put through, preferably a week.
- Inductive charging (set it down on my nightstand at night and have it just start charging, pick it up in the morning and go).
- Full support for every mobile OS (no man gets left behind, these could be optionally downloaded to save on space).
- integration for every notification type (show some tidbit for every push notification, SMS, email, etc)
- customizable interface with simple to use UI creator/editor.
- simple gesture based back-light toggle for night-time use (like two-finger tap gesture, no crazy stuff)