Gaming PC for under $1500?
Hey everyone, I'm a 17 year old trying to enter the world of PC gaming. (I'm buying the computer with my own paycheck, so I don't think I'm spoiled in that sense) First of all, is $1500 too pricey for a gaming rig? I want a PC that can give me quite a few years before needing to be upgraded again, I hope to play Battlefield 3, Anno 2070, and other games in the future on the highest settings with good framerates.
Here are the specs of what I'm planning to buy.
- Case: Azza Hurrican 2000 Full Tower Gaming Case (with with 4 Hot Swappable HDD Cage & (4) 230MM Fans )
- CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K, 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155
- SSD: 128 GB OCZ Vertex 4 SATA-III 6.0 GB/s - 535 MB/s Read & 200 MB/s Write
- HDD: 2 TB (2 TB x 1) SATA-III 6.0 GB/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
- Memory: 8GB (4GB x 2) DDR3 / 1600 MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair XMS w/ Heat Spreader)
- Mobo: (CrossFireX/SLI) ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainbord with IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, XFast Technologies, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, Display Port, 3x PCle x16 (2 Gen 3, 1 Gen 2), 1x PCle x 1 & 2 PCl
- Power Supply: 850 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready
- Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card
Are there any cheaper builds? Is $1500 too high a budget?