Last week we told you that On The Verge was returning this Thursday, June 21st, 2012. What we didn't tell you was that LeVar Burton will be in the studio to talk about life as an actor, director, and more (as well as his new Reading Rainbow app). That's in addition to Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian and Tim Wu, author of The Master Switch and the man who coined the term "net neutrality."
We are also blowing-out our giveaways. We've got 50 iOS apps and 50 Mac apps for the audience as well as two big ticket surprises.
The show starts at 7:00PM at the BMCC Tribeca Performing Arts Center, located at 199 Chambers Street (between Greenwich and West Streets) in New York City. Directions to the theater can be found here.
We are also changing the way we are ticketing. Tickets will be available starting at 6pm to give people an equal opportunity to come to the show. Here's what you need to know:
- There is no admission fee — tickets are completely free.
- The event is all ages.
- Ticketing will begin at the box office at the BMCC Tribeca Performing Arts Center at 6:00PM on Thursday. Once you collect your ticket the house will open at 6:30pm, and the show begins at 7:00PM.
- You cannot collect tickets for friends or family — anyone who would like to come must be present to get a ticket.
- We have limited capacity for seating, so be sure to get there early to get a ticket!
- The venue is located at 199 Chambers Street (between Greenwich and West Streets) in New York City. Check below for directions to the theater.
- The show runs about an hour long.
Directions (see map here):
1 2 3 to Chambers Street stop, walk 2 blocks west on Chambers, entrance is up the ramp and through the main doors.
4 5 6 to Brooklyn Bridge stop, walk 6 blocks west on Chambers.
J M Z to Chambers stop, walk 6 blocks west on Chambers.
A C to Chambers Street stop, walk 3 blocks west on Chambers.
Take M20 to the Chambers Street stop, located directly in front of BMCC.
Take M1 to Chambers, walk west.
Take M6 to Chambers, walk west.
Take M10 to Chambers, walk west.
Take M22 (Crosstown on Chambers), walk west.
Take Staten Island Ferry to South Street. Take 1 2 3 to Chambers, walk 2 blocks west on Chambers, entrance is up the ramp and through the main doors.