Just finished Jobs book (MS fan perspective)
As a person who somewhat hated Apple (now I don't care) and Jobs while he was alive, I slowly realized that he indeed changed the industry so what do you know, I bought the book to open my mind.
Surprisingly, I could relate a lot and it made quite an impression on me, starting from small details such as:
- Jesus costume (I wore one too and no one else find it funny)
- Follow strict diet and respect my body
- Love the minimalism and have very little to no stuff in my home (no tv, etc.)
- High standards and focus (I am sure everyone likes to think that they are good, focused, charismatic, etc...)
- Emotional connection. I was always very tough (mentally) yet sensitive and cry during a lot of occasions, beautiful songs, beautiful sentences in a book, etc. If you read Jobs book, I am sure you will understand.
And no, I won't buy a macbook (because it's expensive and ugly to me), use mac osx (gray and gives me depression) nor any other stuff they do especially after Jobs is no longer here but still.
I guess what i wanted to say is that I learned to appreciate Steve Jobs, sure, I never stole money like he did (from Woz) nor blackmailed anyone else but yeah... It was a good book and you might want to check it out.