My next Mac: Air or MBP w/ Retina Display? What should I get?!?
It's time for me to get a new Mac. My current Macbook Pro, which I got just prior to starting college is the early 2008 15" with 250GB hd and 2.5 GHz processor. The battery barely lasts 20 minutes on its own, and is just outdated overall. Now I'm a college grad, and just started a new job, so it's time for a new Mac.
I am debating between a 13" Air and the new MBP with Retina Display. Here's my pros/cons behind both - but I need you're help deciding what to get!
MBP with Retina Display:
- Beautiful screen (i think thats a given)
- *Ensures my tech doesn't become obsolete in a relatively short amount of time*
- More portable than my current 15" MBP
- More power and capability than I could have ever imagined
- More power and capability than I likely will ever need
- A bit more than I would like to spend
- Ultra portable and lightweight (I think that's a given)
- Much more affordable
- Likely has enough power and capability for what I need
- Screen is a little smaller than what I'm used to