Anyone else having issues with their HTC EVO 4G LTE?
So I got my evo on Tuesday and there's several different problems with it.
1. The phone lags. Particularly with the stock launcher. Installing Nova Launcher helped out a lot. But everything about this phone just lags. Its pretty subtle, but still noticeable.
2. I constantly drop the 3G signals. I could be chugging along just fine at browsing the Internet (or as well as I can with Sprint's data speeds anyway), when the 3G decides to drop out of nowhere. I find that this happens more often indoors. It pretty much doesn't happen at all outdoors.
3. The auto brightness sensor is overly sensitive and appears to be indecisive. One moment it turns darker, a second later it turns a lot brighter.
4. RAM appears to be a major concern. Whenever I check the amount of RAM available, I never have any more then 150 MB free. And then around 520 MB are used. When I scroll through the Task Manager list, the running applications don't match up. It appears the system reports way too much RAM as being used. The multitasking abilities, or rather lack of, of this phone is horrible. I cannot even keep two apps open at the same time running in the background.
5. The battery life on this device is atrocious. Of course, that could just be me using it almost nonstop since I've received it. But still, during one test the battery (which was at 100%) only lasted about 4 hours before dying. I didn't even run anything intensive. Just a bunch of PRL and Profile updates along with speed tests.
6. The CPU appears to working at abnormally high levels constantly. Whenever I do the *2 routine, the dialog that comes up reports CPU usage to be between 20-50%.
And obviously, Sprint's data speeds are a bit lackluster. So does anyone else seem to have these problems?