Reviewed by shawngee (Currently owns)
I have recently purchased a Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A - R150 from Best Buy. I really like this laptop, but it has both positives and negatives. I personally feel that the positives completely outweigh the negatives, but ASUS does need better quality control.
1. Amazing quality of the screen. (I do have a small amount of light bleeding when in pitch dark).
2. Nice processor.
3. Increased speed of Sandisk SSD from a 5.9 windows experience in the UX31E to a 7.5 on this new UX31A.
4. Keyboard is much better and back light nicely.
5. No more sound distortion at high levels, but look at 6 in the Cons section.
6. Trackpad is Elan and works fine.
1. Small amount of light bleeding when completely dark and in a dark room.
2. Slower bootup time.
3. Battery life doesn't seem as good, but it might still be calibrating.... so not sure yet.
4. Does not seem to trickle charge while constantly plugged in like the UX31E.
5. Space is an issue on this model. Out of the box with my UX31E I had around 80 and this one is about 65....
6. The sound is flat and lifeless.
Overall this is a good computer. I am trying to decide if I will return this one for another because of the light bleeding, but I am not sure due to the fact that it doesn't bother me that much. In addition, I have seen reviews of people returning the item, only to get a worse bleed.
- Design 10
- Keyboard 10
- Touchpad 10
- Display 6
- Performance 6
- Heat / noise 7
- Battery life 7
- Software 8