On the heels of another wonderful Bastille Day weekend, this Monday came in like a lion. A lion with a Computer Science degree from Stanford, who's now the CEO of Yahoo. So maybe this analogy doesn't quite hold up, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a newsworthy day. It was definitely bad news for Skype users and great news for Sprint customers, but the jury's still out on the new version of Microsoft Office and whether or not ex-Googler Marissa Meyer can right the ship as the new CEO of Yahoo. So kick back, relax, and let us tell you about all of it.
Stories of the day:
- Marissa Mayer, top Google executive, selected as next CEO of Yahoo
- Office 2013 preview: cloud subscriptions, Metro flair, and touch improvements
- 'Halo 4' Limited Edition Xbox 360 bundle hits Nov. 6th for $399.99
- Sprint details full list of 15 cities with live LTE service
- 'Rare' Skype bug sends IMs to wrong contact, fix coming 'in the next few days'