The Verge Mobile Show turns 8 today — and The Verge celebrates with its mobile app launch. Could there be a better anniversary gift? As you enjoy the latest mobile news, your smartphone may just a get a little smarter. On this week's episode, special guest Nilay Patel joins Dieter and Chris while Vlad continues to work on his biceps in Bulgaria. How many times has Chris dropped a tablet on his face? Why does Dieter want to file a lawsuit against the Atrix HD? Should Nilay be running AT&T? Found out the answers to all these questions and more on The Verge Mobile Show.
- 00:02:35 - The Verge app now available for Android and iOS!
- 00:07:30 - Carriers ordering nano-SIMs ahead of next iPhone launch, FT reports
- 00:13:20 - Next iPhone will use in-cell technology to produce a thinner screen, says WSJ
- 00:17:40 - AT&T may charge for FaceTime calls over 3G
- 00:32:45 - Samsung Galaxy S III OTA updates removing universal search are a 'precautionary measure'
- 00:37:55 - Judge Richard Posner says there are serious problems with the US patent system
- 00:54:50 - Motorola Atrix HD review
- 01:06:00 - Android 4.1 Jelly Bean hacked onto the HTC HD2
- 01:14:45 - Sprint details full list of 15 cities with live LTE service
- 01:20:45 - T-Mobile myTouch and myTouch Q from Huawei coming August 8th for $49.99 (hands-on)
- 01:24:45 - Nokia Lumia 900 drops to $49.99 on AT&T
- 01:27:45 - Alleged photos of LG Optimus Vu on Verizon leak