The Vergecast turns 40 today! Josh celebrated by taking some much deserved time off. Either that or he's secretly moving to Kansas City so he can
download legally stream Game of Thrones faster than ever before. On this week's episode, Nilay welcomes in Ross Miller and TC Sottek to discuss Google Fiber, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, and the always refreshing Apple vs. Samsung debacle (Snapple for short). We hear first hand from a Kansas City resident to get more details on how Google is putting cable companies to shame, TC tells us why the EVO 3D is hip in Baltimore, and the internet's own Creighton "Krayshawn" DeSimone makes a rare on-camera appearance. We hope you've enjoyed your 90-second appetizer, now get ready for your 6,000-second main course.
- 00:03:20 - Google Fiber launches in Kansas City, promises 1000 Mbps up and down
- 00:07:44 - The gear of Google Fiber: Network Box, Storage Box, and TV Box
- 00:16:40 - OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion review
- 00:38:40 - The iPad that never was: kickstands, curves, and 'highly confidential' Apple prototypes revealed
- 00:56:00 - Apple posts rare earnings miss on weaker than expected iPhone sales
- 00:58:40 - Microsoft posts net loss of $492 million for Q4 2012 despite record revenue