Ignorance is bliss
to start off, ill tell you what i currently own. Galaxy Nexus GSM, Galaxy SII, Galaxy SIII, iPhone 4, Lumia 800.
So after all the coverage and trolling on MS about not supporting the current gen of Windows Phones with WP8, ive just bought a Lumia 900. Ive had my Lumia 800 since it was first released in europe (thankyou eBay) but until recently i have used my Galaxy Nexus and GS3 as my daily drivers (interchanging). But for the past 2 months or so i have changed over to my lumia 800 and i have not looked back. Windows phone to me is the most complete OS out atm. YEH i know it only has 100k+ apps compared to iOS's 650k+ but it still feel leaves the competition in the dust in term's of performance of the UI and also the efficency of the overall OS.
I can do EVERYTHING i need to do from the OS itself instead of going into an app, and i get things done so much more easily. The reason i am even writing this post is to say im sick of all the bashing of WP7/7.8/8 when
1. MS has only had 1 DEVELOPER summit.
2. Has NOT revealed ANY consumer end features
3. Having Instagram/ Draw something (which zynga now says was a bad business decision) affects the ecosystem
here are some facts:
1. MS HAS proved with WP7 that quad cores arent needed to make the OS run "Buttery" smooth
2. Nokia HAS proved that customizing/Forking the UI/UX isn't the only way to differentiate from the competitors
3. MS HAS proved that updates CAN be efficiently released with the majority of handsets having the later verson. (google take note)
4. With WP8, Nokia has nothing to worry about. Going by track record, samsung will just use the Android handset designs for WP8 with no design inovation, they will add good specs but wont support the OS the "Nokia way".
How many apps has nokia released this month? more than samsung has in the last 2 years on WP7. SO that is why i chose to buy a Lumia 900, and i WILL be buying the new Lumia when WP8 is released. If you aint' gonna support your ecosystem.