Associating a Google ID with your account
I have no idea why The Verge does not directly have a "log in using Google" link, but here is how to log in to your account using OpenID.
- Drag this link to your bookmarks bar (it is the Google OpenID endpoint)
- Go to your user profile and select "Edit Account and Settings"
- Click on "Associate an OpenID with your account"
- Drag the bookmarklet you created earlier into the pop-up box and select "Go"
- Allow Google's authorisation prompt
Now your account should be associated with your Google account. Whenever you need to log in click OpenID on the login page, drag the Google OpenID bookmarklet into the login box and select "Go".
This also works with any other OpenID provider such as Orange, AOL or MySpace.