The Vergecast returns this week with a special king-sized edition running two hours. Is AT&T's decision to require a new Mobile Share plan for cellular FaceTime calls purely profit driven, or part of an international conspiracy to piss off Nilay?
And in a week jam packed with news from Apple vs. Samsung, Facebook, Amazon, and Onlive, Microsoft decides to grab a piece of the spotlight with the release of a brand new logo. Resident offline sketch artist Paul Miller took his stab at drawing the logo with a little descriptive help from Josh and Nilay. See the result of Paul's efforts below. Can you tell which is the real logo?
- 00:02:25 - Microsoft unveils its new logo, the first major change in 25 years
- 00:11:45 - Facebook for iOS goes native, waves goodbye to HTML 5
- 00:19:15 - OnLive sold to new company, OnLive, amid layoffs: the full story
- 00:48:35 - Apple and Samsung go for blood in closing arguments
- 01:07:45 - Apple vs. Samsung: inside a jury's nightmare
- 01:18:25 - AT&T's FaceTime fiasco: net neutrality concerns spark a backlash
- 01:34:50 - Amazon holding press event on September 6th: new Kindles on the way?
- 01:41:15 - Press Reset: The story of Polygon - Official trailer