Buy GNEX now or wait?
I currently have an iPhone 4. I can already upgrade to a new phone, but I've been waiting for the iPhone 5.
I've been toying with the idea of getting a Galaxy Nexus in the mean time, both to experience a different OS, and because my iPhone 4 has received quite a bit of use, and even the camera is now scratched up and the pictures don't look very good. I bought a Nexus 7 for my dad about two weeks ago, and I've used it for a while and I really like how the OS feels. I'd like to see how it feels as a daily driver.
With the latest rumors pointing to a very iterative step for the iPhone 5, I'm really at a point where I can jump ship and join the Android community. I wouldn't like to get into a contract before exploring my options, however, so the GNex at the current price of $350 seems like a fantastic option. My main concerns, apart from the initial expense, is whether the next crop of Nexus devices is sooner rather than later. Is Google planning on keeping the GNex updated to whatever comes after Jelly Bean?
So, should I wait and see what Apple and Google come up with in the fall? Or would buying a GNex now be a good move? My iPhone 4 is a bit rough around the edges, but it's still performing admirably.