Maxon Console (Concept)
Hello Vergers :)
Today I will be showing something that I thought when I mixed the best of Console, Mobile/Tablet gaming aspects with some multimedia features and other things... (Note: This is not aimed to be real, but rather a concept to show off what Next-Gen Could be)
I really wanted to do this because it seemed to me that majority of people are not liking what Next-Gen looks like so far..
But what's important is the console's look and features (Especially the controller)
Console features (Controller):
- Anti-reflective and semi-glossy piano black skin
- Packs Bluetooth, NFC (It has it all over the case of the controller for easy opt-in and out of the console)
- 2 Cameras (8MP Touchpad side with flash and 2MP Touchscreen side)
- Support for non-tag and tag AR camera mode (NFC and bluetooth also enhances this feature, for example, using a large screen or musical fountains for displaying your character and interacting with it)
- 4 Physical Buttons (2 Around the Touchpad side Camera, Home/sleep, hold both of them to shutdown/power on) - R and LT
- There are no Physical buttons on the front of the controller, watermark logo on the back.
- (Not in this picture) Mini-USB for Charging or Wired Controller.
- 10 Fingers multi-touch screen with support for Senseg Technology for Virtual Texture/Simulator of physical buttons
- Accelerometer and Gyroscope with Touchpad (Multi-touch but optional for being overly used, can be used as secondary L and R buttons also) with addition to be used also as a motion controller as another option.
- Can be used with comfort in Landscape and Portrait modes.
- Kinect-like motion controlling with support of both cameras (Standing, sitting or with only hands used, another optional option)
- 16:9 1280x720 resolution screen
- The dimensions of this controller is a little smaller than the Galaxy Note. ( 142 x 80 x 7.8 to 8.5 )
- Optional, Detachable controller that looks like this: [LINK]
- Gesture and Edge screen swipes support
Console features (Console box):
- Glossy piano black skin
- Support for 720p, 1080i, 1080p, Any resolution that is less than 4320p and 1080p can scale it but optimize it - http://iaspreparationonline.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/image_thumb6.png
- Ditches any resolution blow 720p
- Support for 3DTV glasses or non-glasses 3DTVs
- Front surface that support NFC paring with any device that support NFC paring and has Maxon App for being a controller and companion
- Support for 3rd Party controllers and manual configuration of it (Including Bluetooth ones)
- Ditches DVDs, Blu-ray, instead of Digital-only option, it has SD HC/XD cards support as a standard for Physical games (Downloadable games also available, optimized versions of the same game available for Mobiles, tablets, PC/Mac/Linux also)
- Support for custom HDD/SDD storage internal
- USB2/3, HDMI and wired/wireless HDMI/Power supply
- Watermark of logo on the front.
- Power button, Sync button on the front (Touch)
- Notification screen on the front of the console (white color on black background)
- Capable of multitasking up to 10 apps/games (Not if some games have heavy resources)
- CPU and GPU Capable of rendering 3D graphics like on PC with being the latest but also not the most expensive and power-friendly
- 1 Large Fan inside the case (In the middle of the case)
Features of the platform:
- Complete ban on In-app purchasing and DLC/In-disc DLC (Replaced by constant/continues updates provided for free and Mods submitted by users and companies)
- Cross-platform multiplayer/Companion app for pocket, mobile/tablet and computers with Maxon console
- Buy one game on any platform/console, get it on any other owned device/console (if you are on the same account, family accounts are capable of doing this expect it includes it in one library of family accounts)
- Computer graphical configuration settings that can be customized are also on Console/Platform Apps
- Universal better than Playstation Home/Miis/Xbox Avatars game and avatar system, UniPlanet
- Indie/user-created games can be submitted and rated on by users and have own forums to improve and multiple versions unfinished to try before the final game comes
- Crowd sourcing games and features list to be added
- One thing that is on OYUA and not on Maxon is that its NOT hackable easily
- Console and platform to have fluid and universal API and support for multiple languages of programming to use such as C++, HTML, Java, Ruby and more...
- Many engines support (CryEngine, Unity, and more)
- Easy and advanced modes of making a game or porting it to make it work on Maxon, auto optimizations of game to be on other platforms Maxon Apps supports (or manual as another option)
- Console to cost $299/$399
- Unique web browsing features that can be looked as if the web is a native app (Website is being displayed as native app with native features)
- Platform App universal on Mobiles, Tablets, Computers that support it. (Used as Companion app, as a controller, as a place to play games, AR support and UniPlanet)