Apple is dead/going downhill/major disappointment? Think Again.
Just look at these numbers! Insane!
- There are currently 380 Apple Stores.
- Today, they are in 12 countries. When a new Apple Store opens in Sweden on Friday, they will be in 13.
- Apple’s retail stores collectively had some 83 million visitors last quarter.
- That’s nearly 1 million people per day.
7 million Mac users have upgraded to Mountain Lion so far, making it the fasting selling Mac OS of all time.
- The MacBook Air and MacBook Pro together have become the No. 1 notebook in the U.S. in the last three months, with 27 percent market share.
- The Mac has experienced 15 percent year-over-year growth.
- That growth has outpaced that of the PC for six consecutive years.
- Apple sold 17 million iPads between April and June. That’s more iPads than any PC manufacturer sold of their entire PC line.
- And it sold 84 million iPads through June.
- The iPad had a 62 percent share of the tablet market a year ago.
- Today it has a 68 percent share.
- The iPad is responsible for 91 percent of the Web traffic from tablets.
94 percent of the Fortune 500 are testing or deploying the iPad.
- There are 700,000 apps in the iTunes App Store.
250,000 of them are iPad-specific.
90 percent of the apps in the App Store are downloaded every month.
- The average customer has about 100 of them.
- By the end of June 2012, Apple had sold 400 million iOS devices.
- There are 200 million customers using iTunes in the cloud.
- There are 435 million iTunes accounts (with associated credit card numbers).
- There are iTunes Stores available in 63 countries.
- Together they have served up 15 billion media downloads.
- Apple has sold 350 million iPods to date.
- And it has sold 600 million of pairs of the earbuds which it replaced today with its new EarPod headphones.