Vergecraft lies in ruins. They say its citizens became too advanced for their own good, creating a sprawling empire of stone and steel — until their own technology destroyed them from within. It's one-thousand years in the future, and the descendants of those noble adventurers are ready to reclaim their former glory. There's just one problem: it's a gritty, deadly, post-apocalyptic anarchy out there, and you'll have to deal with warring militias that want to keep you shackled in the stone age. But you're not going to let them. You're going to hustle out there, like a young Tom Cruise, and plant your flag in the ground for the future.
It's a tougher, meaner, more exciting Vergecraft. Come play with us!
Vergecraft Realms is a competitive, survival-based Minecraft server. In addition to the basic survival mode of Minecraft, players may gather together to form factions, claim territory, forge alliances, wage war, and build their own civilizations. Or, they can explore at their own risk in the Wilderness, dodging creatures and crafty human bandits.
- First, you'll need a copy of Minecraft, updated to the latest version.
- When you've created a Minecraft username, submit it for approval in the Vergecraft Realms whitelist thread. We approve requests on a daily basis, and we'll add everyone who makes a request today before the game launches tonight. Note: If you were on the whitelist in the original Vergecraft, you don't need to make a new request.
- Launch the game, and add theverge.game.nfoservers.com:25565 to your server list.
- Read the game rules and player guide!
- Join our Reddit community, and follow Vergecraft on Twitter.
We're re-launching today with a new set of rules and features, but it's just the beginning! Keep your eyes out in the coming weeks for updates to Vergecraft Realms, including:
- A custom-built "Hunger Games" arena featuring ruins from the original Vergecraft world.
- Custom-built dungeons in the Vergecraft Realms world.
- Server events, including giant faction battles.
See you there!