It's a Friday night and magic is in the air. Maybe it's the excitement from the release of the iPhone 5. Maybe it's all the extra LTE waves flying through the air. Or, maybe it's that special type of magic that only comes from a Friday night Vergecast. We'll let you decide.
On this week's episode Joshua "as seen on TV" Topolsky recaps his iPhone 5 review, Nilay details Apple's wrong turn with maps, and Paul reveals his revolutionary idea for making use of the iPhone 5's added screen real-estate. Also, Dan Seifert drops by to review iOS 6 and the latest from HTC.
- 00:05:40 - iPhone 5 review
- 00:15:40 - iOS 6 review
- 00:35:45 - Apple says it's 'just getting started' with Maps, 'working hard' to improve experience
- 00:52:10 - Wrong turn: Apple's buggy iOS 6 maps lead to widespread complaints
- 01:10:26 - HTC's new 8X and 8S with Windows Phone 8: the full story
- 01:15:40 - HTC, Nokia, and the Live Tiles that bind
- 01:28:00 - On The Verge returns tomorrow with a tour of Industrial Light & Magic, live demos from Microsoft Research, and more!