Polynauts Central: (29-30/9 Archived)
Todays header image is brought to you by Cobaltios
It's Saturday September 29th and this is Polynauts Central, at Polygon on The Verge.
Whoops. Once again, I stayed up too late last night talking to you wonderful people, so I'm cobbling together todays post at work. Luckily I'm on my own, or I would be in twouble. This is gonna be short and sweet, I'm PaddyStardust, get chatting!
- For comics, manga and anime and if want a nice organised place to talk about those, then head on over to Crisis on Infinite Polygons Issue #7 for BreadKnights all-in-one thread.
- If you want to talk game related art - or even art in general but be sure to head over to the thread by Paradox Me called The Polygon Gallery of Fine Arts and grab yourself some cheese, olives and a glass of wine.
- If you want to talk about, or discover new music then Shinta has a thread for you simply called Music.
- If you want to talk about any movies or television shows with fear of spoilers then go to PrinceLUDA21's Polynauts: The Movie: Episode IV thread.
- Zombie711 feels that snacks should have a thread. Won't somebody go talk waffles with him?
- For all your multiplayer connectivity needs, check out Polynauts Assemble for Steam IDs, gamertags, PSN names and friend codes, by DocSeuss
1: CCP to host first ever 'EVE Online' cash prize tournament by Megan Farokhmanesh
The tournament, which is expected to take place in November and December of this year, was created with the help of own3D.tv. It marks the first cash prize offer in an EVE Online tournament.
2: 'FIFA 13' review: loving imperfection by Samit Sarkar
FIFA 13 reminds me of why I love sports: At their best, they offer a terrific blend of intense competition and extraordinary athleticism, underpinned by the enthralling uncertainty of human imperfection. Simulation sports games struggle with accuracy because at heart, they're mathematically-driven systems that must replicate diverse, dynamic activities — activities that are compelling mainly because they're unpredictable.
3: The Besties Podcast xXx by Justin McElroy
Here's our State of the Union: We love video games. Much like Vin Diesel or (to a lesser extent) Ice Cube before us. Won't your join us for our 30th show-ebration? We certainly hope you will.
4: 'Third-party support for PlayStation Vita has been 'surprising and disappointing,' says Sony by Michael McWhertor
Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida addressed the lack of third-party-published content on the struggling PlayStation Vita, telling Gamasutra in an interview that the company continues to lobby outside developers to create content for its young handheld.
5: 'Curiosity – What's Inside the Cube?' is done, Peter Molyneux ships it off to Apple by Alexa Rae Corriea
Peter Molyneux's gaming "experiment" Curiosity – What's Inside the Cube? is finished and on its way to Apple for certification on iPhones, the developer announced in a tweet today.
FROM THE POLYNAUTS FORUMS:
1: Dragon Punch! A Skyrim Lets Play Adventure! by PaddyStardust
After some forum talking, I decided to act on an idea we had, and punch anyone who says the word "dragon" in Skyrim. I'm going to try and pound through the main quest, semi regularly, punching all who speak the cursed word. Enjoy!
2: Polynauts Connect: The Great Gamertag Roundup by ShaunMcIlroy
Okay folks, in this thread you're encouraged to share your information regarding Steam, PSN, Xbox LIVE, Nintendo Network and so on. The information then appears on the Polynauts Connect area and comments will be curated below to keep it somewhat clean tidy and so on.
3: OUYA... like the controller? by JoeRemix
I love the whole concept of OUYA, but I personally think the controller is not really my cuppa tea. So I did this quick concept today. Most of the people I know would say the Xbox controller is the best controller out there. It's super comfortable in the hands of many. Something quite impressive since the original Xbox pad was so huge and controversial.
FROM THE VERGE:
Today, Ellis Hamburger is hosting Fridays '90 Seconds on The Verge'.
- Tim Cook admits Apple 'fell short' on iOS 6 Maps, suggests third-party alternatives
- Apple highlights third-party Maps alternatives in App Store
- Neil Young reveals Pono music player, promises 'the best sound anyone can get'
- Facebook gives Gifts another shot, guarantees no ugly sweaters in the wrong size
POLYNAUTS COMMENT OF THE DAY (22/9):
Americans don’t like hard things.
Every day there will only be one comment from the previous thread. It's decided based upon the most recommends an individual receives for their comment; should two people have the same rating then both comments will be posted.
Okay, there we have another weekends worth of catch-ups folks. Remember to sound off in the comments below and share any awesome news you find today. As always check out the @Polygon feed on Twitter to keep up to date, or feel free to hit up The Irish Rover at @shaunmcilroy if you want to chitchat throughout the day.
New to the Polygon Community? Please take time to read the Community Guidelines as laid out by the editorial team here at The Verge. Particularly take note here: "Foul language: Cussing, swearing, or just plain nasty: all of the above are not cool here." That goes for NSFW material as well folks - Mods DO police this place remember.
If you're a fan of the image up top and want to submit your own, remember to keep them coming in for this section of Polynauts Central, GIF's included, at this link. Finally, if you want to submit a header image for Crisis on Infinite Polygons you can do that on this thread.