920 pureview sensor details
Nokia uploaded on their site a second white paper about pureview camera systems 2.0.
Pureview 920 specs
- True 16:9 / 4:3 aspect ratio
- Super Wide angle lens: 26mm -16:9
- f.2.0 apeture
- Custom BSI 8.7MP sensor - 10% larger than comparable 8MP sensors, pixel size at 1.4 microns
- True Optical Image Stabilization - a gyroscope detects subtle phone movement which is compensated for by shifting the entire optical assembly(not just the lens) to combat camera shake.
- Next gen LED flash - can fire a pulse flash burst which they say provides very similar capabilities as xenon flashes
- Nokia's proprietary image processing software
Overall, I am very pleased with what Nokia has developed. I can't wait to get my hands on the camera and try out the new optics. Links below for the more detailed whitepaper and samples of the low light photos.