Galaxy S3 - A slow phone?
I wrote a really really long post on this last night in which i didn't publish, as I found it to be rather messy. However I will sum up my points below:
- The Galaxy S3 uses a considerably amount of time to register home button touches if SVoice is activated, this is very apparent in games when reaction time can be upwards of 3 seconds
- The Galaxy S3 has a rather poor RAM management that makes my homescreen refresh the icons sometimes after going out of a game. The 2 second home button delay in addition to the 3 second refresh of the home screen takes up some time
- After the Jellybean Update I saw absolutely no speed improvements. Many share my view, it's as if, all of Jellybeans improvements are present, but not Project Butter. The Galaxy S3 was already smooth in 4.0.4 and it hasn't gotten worse, just not significantly better.
- I know all of this can be solved by a custom ROM but I'd rather not keep on flashing my devices my entire life
- My Galaxy Nexus running 4.2 is noticeably faster then my S3 in most tasks, however where the processor power matters as in Games and some app launching the S3 clearly wins. The S3 is also generally faster in web browsing but in using the phone with its stock applications I feel as if the S3 is rather slow. This is often apparent when using services like KiK to share images, the process is more clunky then with my G Nexus.
- My Galaxy S i9000 running Jellybean custom rom feels a lot more snappy then my Galaxy S3 and my Galaxy S2, felt as if it had better ram management.
- Frequently I have app crashes. This is mostly due to Jellybean but in the last 7 days my homescreen process has crashed 5 times.
I know half of you will say "God, my homebutton reacts after 0.1 seconds so your phone is defect, you should change it. But this is a very common issue with the S3, and one that is apparent in ALL S3's that I've used.
Disclaimer: These are the devices I've owned since late 2010 (in order)
- Galaxy S
- Galaxy S 2
- LG E900
- Galaxy S3
- Asus Nexus 7
- Galaxy Nexus