Dieter leans on the parapet overlooking the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Dieter: It’s so quiet.
Chris stands behind him.
Chris: It’s the deep breath before the plunge.
Dieter: I don’t want to be in a Consumer Electronics Show. But waiting on the edge of one I can’t escape is even worse. (He looks at Chris) Is there any hope Chris, for Vlad and Dan?
Chris leans down on the parapet next to him.
Chris: There never was much hope. Just a fool’s hope. (He smiles at Dieter and looks back to the Las Vegas Strip) Our enemy is ready. His full strength’s gathered. Not only tablets, but smartphones as well. Legions of televisions from the south, appliances from the coast.
Chris turns to Dieter, placing a steadying hand on his shoulder.
Chris: All will answer CES’s call.
- 00:02:40 - Ubuntu phone OS announced, first devices shipping in early 2014
- 00:06:15 - Hands-on with Ubuntu's brand-new, gesture-based phone OS
- 00:20:10 - HoRNDIS: USB tethering driver for Mac OS X
- 00:22:00 - Sony rumored to unveil its 5-inch, 1080p Xperia Z smartphone at CES, launch it just a week later
- 00:23:30 - Sony Xperia Z and ZL confirmed through official pictures
- 00:27:40 - Huawei executive teases massive 6.1-inch phone on video ahead of CES
- 00:33:00 - ZTE aims to have thinnest 5-inch 1080p phone with upcoming Grand S
- 00:36:20 - Pre to postmortem: the inside story of the death of Palm and webOS
- 00:36:40 - BlackBerry Z10 leaked as name of first BlackBerry 10 phone
- 00:39:35 - RIM's BlackBerry 10 QWERTY smartphone and software revealed in more leaked photos
- 00:41:30 - RIM subscriber base drops for first time, loses $114 million on $2.73 billion revenue in Q3 2013
- 00:46:15 - Google and Motorola building 'X Phone' and tablet, WSJ reports