Surface RT Overheating

This is the first I've seen of this so figured id post as a warning to others... I'm a college student in the Tucson Arizona desert. The sun is shining today, however it is not a hot day at all. Anyways, I was sitting in the sun of an outdoor patio of our student union in the sun using my surface for normal activities - browsing the web reading Arizona forums, Facebook, etc. I felt the surface heating up, saw the backlight went off, and about 30 seconds later the surface shut down on me. I tried turning it on right away and saw something new: after the surface logo came up, a thermometer drawing appeared with the gauge all the way up - clearly an overheating warning. Just a friendly warning to anyone who feels their surface getting hot.