I'll save you the trouble. Surface Pro 2 is disappointing.
Our Core i7 laptop died. It was my wife's primary computer and I wanted to replace a Windows device with a Windows device but here are the reasons why I will probably go with the Dell laptop line instead:
- The moment I booted it up and tried to install Chrome it started having touchscreen issues. (It wasn't bringing up the typing field in Chrome)
- My wife yelled at me when she found out it cost over $1,000 especially when so many good devices exist around $500.
- Battery life is weak in real life use (it also wakes up slow unlike the iPad or Nexus 10 since it's x86 and not ARM)
- It might technically have some of the big apps but even the big ones like NFL Game Rewind are buggy and lack the functionality of the iOS/Android versions.
- My wife also laughed when she saw how much clunkier it looked compared to the iPad or Nexus 10 (as demonstrated below)
- How does Windows not have voice dictation/Search when the other platforms have had it for so long?