Yoga alternative, <1000$?
For the past 8 months I've been on a ship. So now I am quite a bit out of touch with what's up in tech world. I did manage to assemble myself a desktop PC configuration which will obviously be my main gaming/work machine.
I also have a Nexus 7 but as much as it has been god given on a ship, it's pretty much useless to me now when I have access to a laptop and good wifi. All of it's uses I divided between a laptop and my windows phone (520 for now, 920 soon).
Now I need a new laptop. Here is what I would like:
- 12-15.6" screen
- 1600x900 minimum (if possible 1080)
- max 5 lbs (2.5kg)
- min 5h battery life with normal use (browsing, FullHD video playback, casual gaming like Baldurs gate)
- obviously touchscreen and some kind of convertible form factor (ala Yoga)
- SSD 128+
I guess first gen yoga would be an obvious choice, or yoga 2 pro if I can stretch my budget, which I am loathe to do.
So basically it comes down to:
Is there a Yoga alternative below 1000$ worth buying?
I don't need you guys to give me detailed descriptions or such, I just need some names and model numbers, I can do the rest.
So far this is the list I've compiled:
- Vaio Tap 11
- Vaio Flip 14 (no SSD, how much of an impact does that make?)
- Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 14 (only 768P screen available)
- Lenovo ThinkPad Twist (only 768P screen available)
- Toshiba Click (probably the worst of them all)
- Dell XPS 12 (too expensive)
If there is nothing else, nothing better, I might just go for a touchscreen laptop, non convertible.