iPad Air - TouchID - 2GB RAM = Not excited!
Let me start off by saying, I am getting the iPad Air. I currently have the iPad 3, and I use it constantly...the speed alone is the reason I am upgrading. I do so much with my iPad, I need that extra speed.
That said, I don't remember the last Apple product I was so not excited for?
1) I could not wait to get the iPhone 5S, I think because of Touch ID.
2) I couldn't wait to get my iPad 3 because of that 9.7 inch Retina display
3) I couldn't wait to get my iPhone 4S because of Siri
4) I couldn't wait for my iPhone 3GS...ok...that wasn't TOO exciting.
5) I couldn't wait for my original iPhone...because it was the original iPhone!
6) I couldn't wait for my iPod nano, shuffle, original iPod...iPod after iPod after iPod...because they were all cool and new and exciting in all kinds of different ways.
7) I was also excited for the original Apple TV, the smaller iOS 2nd Gen Apple TV...and my iMac.
So basically...I am buying the iPad Air because I need a new iPad...but that passion and excitement just isn't there. I think if it had Touch ID and maybe 2GB of RAM, I would feel like it was the perfect iPad...that might be exciting. But I kind of feel like they held back this time around? Oh well, as usual Apple is still getting my money.