I have a Lumia 1520 -- ask me anything (update w/ camera shots)
I have a Lumia 1520 in my hands right now and I have been using it for the past couple weeks. Ask me anything you like EXCEPT I won't post pictures of it or tell you how I got it. Screen shots I can do, but not pictures of the actual device, as it is a pre-production model and I'm not looking to get anyone in trouble.
Some notes so far...
- Even though the screen is so gigantic, I can text just fine with one hand.
- This display is awesome. Impeccable viewing angles, super sharp text, great touch response, very fast.
- Build quality is exactly as you would expect from Nokia. Their polycarbonate feels just as solid as ever. It feels much lighter than you would think, given it's size.
- The camera is fantastic. Not quite 1020 levels, but much better than anything else
I have seen from a smartphone. Low light performance is great.
WP 8.1Lumia Black is great. Glance notifications are an outright godsend. I can't see myself going back. The experience is fantastic.
- The speakers and microphones are incredible. The speakers are very loud/clear, and the microphones hold up perfectly to even front-row-concert levels of noise.
- This thing is huge. Two hands are needed for maybe 50% of tasks.
- The frame flexes a bit more than I expected it to. With a bit of effort, I can get the LCD to ripple by twisting the frame. It's still a very sturdy device, though.
- This thing is huge (again). It fits fine in my pockets, but god help those who wear tight jeans or girls who don't carry a purse.
- The camera could be a bit faster, but I need to keep in mind that I am working on pre-production software. These things can change very quickly.
One thing I don't understand, though, is how they got Glance to work on an LCD. That baffles me, because I thought that it was only possible with an AMOLED display.
So ask me anything you might be wondering. I'm happy to answer any questions besides those asking how I got it, or for pictures of it. Like I said, I'm not looking to get anyone in trouble. Just ask about the device itself, please.
Edit: Here is a sample shot from the camera. Click the link below the picture for the full 16mp image. The camera on this thing is incredible. This picture isn't all that impressive until you zoom in, so be sure to check out the full res version.
Full size/zoomable image: http://extrazoom.com/image-7357.html?heuln50x50 (give it a second to load after zooming)