Macbook pro retina 13" vs Ipad air
I'm currently using a Macbook air 13" mid 2011, it has screen issues so i have decided to change for something else.
The two options I consider are the Ipad air and the Macbook pro retina.
I'm a student, I use my computer mainly to read on internet and watch streaming, and rarely to customize my android phone. I also use it to note my economics's courses
Here is my list of pro and cons for each.
Ipad air Pros :
- Really light and portable
- A lot of games and app
- Slot for a data sim (I can have one for free from my carrier with my contract).
- Tactile screen brings a lot of possibilities
- Can use it to read when i go to university.
- Save my phone battery life (use it instead of my phone for some task)
Ipad air cons :
- Can't do some task, like assisting me to root my phone or install custom rom.
- No sd slot for loading my camera photos
- Screen size for home use
- No flash
- Less powerful to watch streaming ?
Macbook pro Pros :
- Bigger screen
- A real Keyboard
- I can do everything with it
- Real multitask help for student work.
Macbook pro Cons :
- No data sim slot.
- No tactile screen.
- No fun games like in the ipad.
- Less portable.
So what do you guys think ?
Should I pick the ipad or the macbook pro retina ?
Thanks for your help.