Your perfect /*main*/ MOBILE computing device [updated]
What whould your perfect device look like? If you can have anything you want (within a reason), is there a perfect form factor/specs/price combo?
Please divide your propositions into these few sections:
- screen size
- form factor
- input (touch, pen, etc...)
- casing/chassis material
- screen resolution
- battery life
- additional features / sensors
- please, be reasonable and realistic - it's quite easy to "design" device worth 2000-3000$
- covers, docks, batteries, input devices, etc...
My perfect device?
- 12.5 - 13.3'' screen
- 15 mm
- 1.2-1.3 kg
- convertible (Yoga-type hinge)
- touchscreen with active digitizer + pen inside (Wacom)
- 2x USB 3.0, 1x display port, 1x micro HDMI, SD/microSD card, Jack 3.5 mm, magnetic power port
- carbon fiber body
- Windows 8.1
- 3,200 x 1,800 screen resolution
- Fanless Broadwell (when it's ready) or Haswell with fan (for now)
- 8 GB of RAM
- 512 GB SSD
- WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.0
- 9-10 hours of battery life (real, moderate usage)
- front-facing 3-5 Mpx camera (1080p video)
- gyroscope, accelerometer, ambient light sensor
- 1300$ (I think that's high but reasonable price and I can spend that much for a device which can replace my tablet, laptop and desktop)
- dock with dedicated graphics, and HDD
No GPS, rear-facing camera, 4G/LTE (for keeping the price reasonable).
PS: It looks like I want succesor to Thinkpad X1 Carbon with yoga-like form factor, new CPU and pen support.