How are Microsoft marketing efforts in your country?
I am curious about Microsoft marketing for their different products in your country or locality for different MS products.
I will start about my country (India).
- Windows 8: I see frequent ads on TV and newspapers for Windows 8 PCs (especially touch PCs). These ads are OK but I am not impressed with them much.
- Surface: Not released and its a shame. Apple releases their iPADs 1-2 months of global launch. Google already released their nexus tablets. I dont understand why Microsoft ignore the markets like India. They did the same mistake with WP. If not for Nokia WP also will have no presence here.
- Windows phone: All the marketing is by Nokia. Looks like Microsoft left the marketing of Windows phone for Nokia in India. Ads for Lumias are everywhere and they are OK but the problem is they only concentrate on Camera mostly and some Nokia features. They never market the Windows phone features. But Nokia marketing is working and Lumias here are selling well. Never seen any ads by HTC but we cant blame them because they dont market their android much either. Samsung never released WP8 phones here.
- XBOX: Zero marketing and the gaming marketing is very small here. Playstation is much bigger brand here and Sony is going to release PS4 in december but XBOX ONE in late 2014. I think thats a huge mistake.
- MS Office: No marketing again but I dont think its needed.
Please share how is the marketing in your country or area. Do you see ads for Windows 8/surface/WP8 frequently?